Views: 12 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-05-05 Origin: Site
About the materials for making face masks, let's start with a few key Numbers:
1. The size of droplets in the air is greater than 5 microns
2. PM2.5 is suspended particles smaller than 2.5 microns
3. The size of Mycobacterium tuberculosis is 0.3 ~ 0.6 microns
4. Virus size 0.08 microns
Most current dust masks are constructed with two layers of non-woven fabric inside and outside, plus a middle layer of filter cloth (melt-blown fabric); while medical masks are mainly composed of two layers of non-woven fabric inside and outside, plus two layers of middle filter cloth (Melt-blown cloth). Because the melt-blown cloth has its own electrostatic characteristics, it can adsorb positive small particles, it is constructed to filter fine dust mainly by the filter cloth in the middle. Because the dust is adsorbed on the filter cloth, and the filter cloth is electrostatically charged and cannot be washed, the dust masks are all disposable.
Dust masks belong to the first level in personal protective equipment, higher than earmuffs and protective glasses. Our company mainly sells the following masks:
1. Medical Face Mask: In accordance with the approval of the Chinese medical mask executive standard GB 19083-2010. The filter particles can be as small as 0.3 microns in diameter. In the test, the particles with a diameter of 0.075 microns were blocked, and the success rate was 95% (that’s called KN95 Medical Face Mask). As we known that the coronavirus pneumonia (atypical pneumonia) virus has a diameter of about 0.1 to 0.12 microns.
2. Surgical Face Mask: It’s made of 2 layers of "Non-woven" and 1 layer of “Melt-blown Fabric”, suitable for use in the operating room environment; it can block particles with a diameter of more than 4 microns.
3. Dustproof Face Mask: Mainly dustproof and antibacterial. It is mainly used to filter the air entering the mouth and nose to prevent harmful gases, odors and droplets from entering and leaving the wearer's mouth and nose. Therefore, it cannot be used to prevent respiratory pathogens and is not in the medical category